Want to know how to see who hasn’t added you back on Snapchat?
Snapchat is loved by millions around the world for its unique objective, which is to focus on the creative side of the platform rather than the competition.
Where Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and other applications focus more on the promotion of shared content and getting more followers to become popular, Snapchat encourages users to share their daily life through a lens and interact with one another to build healthy relationships.
That being said, you may want to know if the people you send requests to on the platform add you back. That way, you can view their stories, interact freely, and subsequently increase your Snap score. Unfortunately, Snapchat doesn’t directly notify you whenever someone accepts your request and adds you back. This is why we have brought this detailed guide to you.
Read on to find out!
How to See Who Hasn’t Added You Back on Snapchat
Snapchat doesn’t want its users to be involved in unnecessary activities and thus provides immense privacy. For this reason, it wouldn’t display the number of followers you have, your list of friends stays visible to you only, there’s no concept of liking stories, etc. But we understand that sometimes it becomes important to find out whether a person has added you back on the platform.
Though there is no direct way of finding out, there are a couple of features that are unique for those you’re friends with. This includes their Snap score being visible, their stories appearing on your timeline, a new user added to your Friends list, and so on. Let’s now take a deeper look into the mentioned options for better understanding.
1. Check Add Friends List.
The first method to check who adds you on Snapchat is to head over to your Add Friends list. By looking at it, you will only find those that add you first on the application. Unfortunately, it won’t disclose users that are yet to accept your friend request.
Here’s how to access the Add Friends section on Snapchat:
- Begin by launching the Snapchat app.
- When the camera screen appears, tap on the Add Friend icon in the upper right corner.
- The list under the Added Me section will display all users that have sent you a request. Tap on View More to view the entire list.
- Tap on Accept if you wish to add them back. Otherwise, tap on the x icon to decline the request.
2. Check Your Friends List.
Users you add on Snapchat have to accept your request and add you back in order for them to appear on your Friends list. On the other hand, if your request is still pending, you will not see them in the list.
So this method is one of the easiest to find out who hasn’t added you back on Snapchat. Simply open your Friends list and dig through all users.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open Snapchat and tap on your Profile icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Next, scroll down and tap on My Friends under the Friends section.
- Now scroll through the entire list or jump to specific the first initial of the user from the alphabet on the right side. You can also use the Search bar at the top to instantly look for results.
3. Check If You Can See the User’s Snap Score.
If you remember the username of the person you sent the request to and would like to know whether or not they’ve added you back, you can find out in only a few seconds by following this method.
Snapchat has strict privacy rules, especially when it comes to Snapscore visibility. But you can take that as an advantage to find out if a person has accepted your request or not. If they do, their Snapscore will become visible to you and vice versa.
Just follow the steps provided below:
- Open Snapchat and slide right to go to the Chat section if you’ve sent a message to the user.
- Tap on their conversation, then tap on their avatar in the upper left corner.
- If you can see the Snapscore next to the person’s username, it means they’ve accepted your request.
If you never send a message, follow these steps:
- From the Snapchat camera screen, tap on the Search icon next to the Profile icon.
- Type the username of the person in the Search bar and open their profile.
- If their Snapscore is visible, you’ve been added as their friend.
4. Check Using Privacy Settings.
As mentioned earlier, you can use Snapchat’s privacy settings to your advantage and find out information that the application keeps secret otherwise.
Those who have only allowed messages from people they may know, or more specifically their friends, can try sending the person a message. If they get a reply, it simply means that the user has added them back.
Here’s what you need to do:
- When you launch the Snapchat app on your device, tap on your Profile avatar at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then, go to Settings by tapping on the Gear icon.
- Scroll down to Privacy Controls and choose Contact Me.
- From there, either select Friends or Friends and Contacts.
Now only the people added to your account will be able to contact you.
5. Check Your Story Views.
If you set your story visibility to only your friends on the platform, people not on your Friends list will never be able to view it. You can utilize this feature to find out who hasn’t added you back on Snapchat. Once you do that, add a story and keep a check on who views it.
Here’s how to change privacy settings related to your Snapchat Story:
- Launch Snapchat and tap on the Profile icon at the top left.
- Next, tap on the Gear icon. This will open your account’s settings.
- Scroll down to Privacy Controls. There, select View My Story.
- Lastly, choose My Friends.
Now, if you’re wondering how to see who hasn’t added you back on Snapchat, simply take a look at your story views. If you see the person on the list, it means they’ve accepted your request.
6. Check If Their Story Is Visible to You.
Another great privacy feature on Snapchat is that the stories will only be visible to friends unless an account is public. So if you send someone a request and are wondering how to check if they’ve accepted it, just look through all the stories on your feed. If you see that they’ve also added a story, that means they’ve added you back on the platform.
Here’s how to do it:
- Launch the Snapchat application.
- Then, swipe left on the camera screen.
- All the stories of people added to your account will be available under Friends. Check to see if their story appears as well.
How to Know If A User Declines Your Request on Snapchat
All the methods mentioned above only explain how to see who hasn’t added you back on Snapchat. That means there are still chances that the person will accept your request in the future. But how would you know if the user has simply rejected your requests and holds no wish to interact with you in any way?
Well, as with most things on Snapchat, this, too, isn’t a direct giveaway. So you’ll need to observe a few things and take hints from those such as:
- If you notice that a user has not accepted your request for a long time, they either left it pending or declined it.
- If you send someone a message and it says Pending, it means that the user has only allowed people in their Friends list to contact them, and you’re not a part of it yet. The probability is that your request has been canceled.
- If they have allowed everyone to contact them and you still didn’t get a response for quite a few days now, take it as a hint that they don’t want to interact with you.
- If the Add icon is not working for a user, you wish to add to the platform. It means that they have blocked you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Where are the ignored requests on Snapchat?
To view the ignored friend requests on Snapchat, launch the application and log in to your account. Then swipe down on the Camera screen and tap on the Gear icon to open Settings.
From there, go to Ignored Requests to access the list of users you may have deliberately or accidentally ignored. Then, you can accept, decline, or continue to ignore the request.
2. Do Snapchat friend requests expire?
In most places, you will see that it says friend requests on Snapchat disappear after 48 hours. However, that’s not true. Snapchat friend requests will remain for a very long time until you decide to accept or decline them. But if you suspect that your request might have disappeared on the other end, you can always resend it at any time.
Summing Up: How to See Who Hasn’t Added You Back on Snapchat
To sum up, Snapchat doesn’t send a notification whenever someone who you’ve added adds you back. However, there are certain ways in which you can tell when another user adds you back. This includes checking your friends’ list and story views, viewing their snap score and stories, etc.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to see who hasn’t added you back on Snapchat. Also, don’t hesitate to use the comments section below if you have any other questions. We’ll be more than happy to assist you further.
- What Does Added Me Back Mean on Snapchat
- What Does In My Contacts Mean on Snapchat
- How to Find Deleted Friends on Snapchat Without Username
- [Fixed] Random People Adding Me on Snapchat By Phone Number
- What Does the Yellow Star Mean on Snapchat