Want to find out what In my contacts mean on Snapchat?
If you’re a Snapchat user, you must be aware of the amazing features that the app provides. From applying multiple filters on a single snap to playing games with friends, Snapchat releases a new feature once in a while to keep the app on top of the Top Charts.
This addicting social media platform is all about communicating with your friends through multiple means. You can send snaps and messages to give them life updates, make Group Stories, and play mini-games in your free time. But to do so, you must have friends within the app.
Snapchat allows you to add new friends in many ways through its Quick Add feature. To learn how you can do that and what In my contacts means on Snapchat, keep reading this article. We’ll provide you with a detailed guide that you can use to connect with other users within the app.
So, let’s get started!
Quick Add Feature
Snapchat’s Quick Add feature gives you an easy way to add friends. Similar to ‘People You May Know’ on Facebook, the Quick Add feature on Snapchat suggests people to you that you can add as friends on the app. People who generally appear under the Quick Add are users you share mutuals with, users synced from your contacts, those you’re in a group chat with, etc.
So, the In my contacts that appear below a person’s username in the Quick Add tab means that they’re synced from your phone’s contact list. If you’ve allowed Snapchat to access your phone’s contacts, it will show you the In my contacts next to the suggested users.
How Quick Add Feature Works
Snapchat uses a number of metrics to determine who will appear in your Quick Add section. So, not everybody has the same people appearing in their Quick Add, nor will this section feature the same users constantly. The section is updated frequently to show you relevant people you should add as friends on Snapchat.
Apart from using your contacts list to suggest users, Quick Add also utilizes a few other ways to show you the users you see under that section. These are as follows:
The people that appear in the Quick Add section are mostly mutual friends on the app. Since they’re friends with your friends, Snapchat takes it as a hint to show you these people so that you may also add them as friends.
If a mutual friend appears in your Quick Add, Snapchat will let you know by showing you 3+ Mutual Friends (or something similar) under their username. Then, it’s up to you to decide whether you wish to add them as friends on Snapchat or not.
If a person has recently joined Snapchat and is adding people that you already have as friends, Snapchat will assume that you may know them as well. For this reason, you will also find these users under the Quick Add section. You can identify these people by looking for the Recently Joined tag present below their username.
How to Access the Quick Add Feature on Snapchat
If you’re looking for new people to add as friends, you can easily head to the Quick Add section and check out the suggestion given by Snapchat.
Here’s how to access the Quick Add section:
- To start, open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Next, tap on the Add friend icon from the top. This will bring up the Quick Add section that you can scroll through to find new friends.
Another way to go to Quick Add is by following these steps:
- Begin by opening the Snapchat app from your device.
- After that, select your Bitmoji icon from the top-right of your screen.
- Next, scroll down and tap on Add friends, and you will be directed to the Quick Add section that you may now use to add new friends.
You can also access the Quick Add section on an Apple device in a quick and easy way. To do so, follow these steps below:
- Firstly, open the Snapchat app from your iPhone.
- Then, swipe down from the camera screen to come across Quick Add.
Disable Sync Contacts on Snapchat
If you don’t want to view users from your phone’s contacts in your Quick Add section, you have the option to disable syncing contacts on Snapchat. In this way, Snapchat won’t be able to access and sync your contact list, and in turn, you won’t be seeing them in Quick Add.
Here’s what you need to do:
- To begin, open the Snapchat app.
- Now, tap on the Profile icon from the upper left corner of your screen.
- Then, select the Gear icon.
- Afterward, scroll down and tap Contact Syncing under the Privacy section.
- Lastly, uncheck the box next to Sync Contacts and tap on Delete All Contact Data to get rid of all the synced contact data that Snapchat may have.
- In case you want to allow Snapchat to sync contacts, follow the same steps provided above and check the box next to Sync Contacts.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How did someone add me by Quick Add?
Anybody can add you on Snapchat through the Quick Add feature if you have it turned on. So, if a user has added you through this feature, it will say Quick Add under their username. You can check this out when you head to the Add Friends section to accept or decline their request.
2. How do you get rid of Quick Add on Snapchat?
If you don’t want to appear in another user’s Quick Add section, Snapchat gives you the option to turn this feature off. To do so, simply go to Snapchat settings from your device. Then, scroll down and tap on “See Me in Quick Add” under the “Who Can” section. At last, turn the toggle off for the “Show Me in Quick Add” option.
Keep in mind that this won’t get rid of your Quick Add feature. Turning it off will only stop other users on Snapchat from viewing you in their Quick Add.
Final Thoughts: What Does In My Contacts Mean on Snapchat
This brings us to the end of our guide on what In my contacts mean on Snapchat and how Snapchat uses the Quick Add feature to help you find friends. To add a friend, simply tap on the Add friend button next to the user from the Quick Add section.
Also, if you have further queries or confusion, feel free to use the comments section below. We will be happy to help you out.
- [Fixed] Random People Adding Me on Snapchat By Phone Number
- What Does Added Me Back Mean on Snapchat
- How to Find Deleted Friends on Snapchat Without Username
- How to Remove Multiple Friends on Snapchat
- How Accurate Is Snapchat Location 2022