Has Instagram emailed you lately featuring the title, “[XXX], we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram?” In that case, it is quite obvious to get curious. Also, the wish to learn what does this “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” email means is evident.
Let me tell you some good news; you are not the only user who received the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” message. In fact, several users, on a daily basis, get the same message from Instagram. For a matter of fact, it is crucial to uncover what does this message really means and why Instagram is sending you this message?
This is what the blog post is all about. Read all the way through and gather all the necessary information you may need and even more. So is it a scam, a threat of any form, or has no use at all? Let’s uncover
“We’ve Made it Easy to Get Back on Instagram” Email: A Brief Overview
Instagram isn’t always as seamless of a social media platform as it promises to be. At times, the dangers and disruptions that Instagram offers to its users can be many. These include phishing profiles, hackers, and possible damaging content posted on the site. While this app is engaging and fun, you should always take care of yourself from the scams.
This Email from Instagram means that someone is attempting to log in to your Instagram account with the wrong credentials.
It’s shown whenever someone goes for a password recovery tool for opening your account.
This Email doesn’t mean that your account has been compromised already. It might also imply that someone who’s trying to log in to your account has sent this Email to you or this Email was fake.
4 Reasons Why You Encounter “We’ve Made it Easy to Get Back on Instagram”
1. Someone tried opening your Instagram Account
The first reason why you are seeing the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” message is that someone’s trying to open your Instagram account.
Someone may be trying it to gain access to your Instagram Account. However, it’s possible that someone has a similar username to yours, and they are trying to log in to their account but have misplaced or wrongly arranged an alphabet and the username they have written now is yours.
I know that sounds quite complicated. Let me explain it to you with an example. Suppose your username is alex.king and someone whose username is alexx.king has mistakenly not written an “a,” and the username they have written now is alex.king, which is your username.
Now, they are trying passwords, again and again, to log in to their account, but since your password and their password are not the same, they can’t log in to either account. Therefore, Instagram will count all these wrong log-in attempts to your account as suspicious activity, and thus, they can send you the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” message.
You should change your Instagram account password and enable the Two–factor authentication security feature in such a case.
As I mentioned earlier, this blog post has all the information you may need and more; therefore, I will also guide you through how to change your Instagram account password and enable two-factor authentication.
Change your Instagram Account Password
Whether you have an iOS or Android device, you can follow these steps to change your Instagram account password easily.
- Grab your smartphone and launch the Instagram App
- Press your account icon in the lower-right corner. You’ll reach your profile page.
Note: if you have multiple Instagram accounts on your smartphone, remember to hold the profile icon and choose the account you want to change the password for.
- Tap on three parallel lines on the top-right corner of the screen and tap on Settings.
- Tap on Security
- Tap on Password
- Finally, type in your current password, and after it, type the new password you want for your account. Tap Save, and you’re done.
Enable the two-factor authentication
The two-factor authentication security feature of Instagram helps in protecting your Instagram account and password. You can enable this feature by following the simple steps below:
- Tap on your profile picture icon in the bottom right corner to go to your profile.
- Tap on three horizontal lines on the top right, then tap on Settings.
- Tap on Security, then tap on Two-Factor Authentication.
- Tap on Get Started.
- Select your preferred security method and follow the instructions provided.
To use two-factor authentication, you must choose a security method from these two:
- Text message codes from your mobile phone.
- Log-in codes from a third-party authentication app, such as Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile.
You must set up at least one of them to enable two-factor authentication.
2. You are Making Typos
Perhaps you are trying to log in to your account and have misspelled an alphabet in password or username. This situation might also be the reason why you have received the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” message.
In such a case, you should check the username and password again and check if the Caps lock is turned on.
To avoid this mistake, you can use a password manager. A lot of password managers are available on the web. These password managers store all your passwords securely, so you don’t have to remember each one of them.
3. Brute-force Attack
Suppose you’re repeatedly getting the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” messages. In that case, this might be, quite possibly, a Brute-force attack.
A brute-force attack consists of an attacker submitting a lot of passwords or passphrases to eventually guess correctly. The attacker systematically checks all possible passwords and passphrases until they get that correct one.
To secure yourself from a Bruce-force attack, you should:
- Change your password and make sure your new password is unique.
- Enable two-factor authentication
4. A Malicious Message – A Phishing Attack
Since everything on the internet isn’t authentic, while using a popular social media platform like Instagram, you should always verify if something is legit before you trust it.
The “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” message you’ve received might not be legit, even if it looks real.
Phishing is a social engineering attack commonly used for sealing someone’s logging credentials or credit card numbers. It occurs when the attacker, masquerading as a trusted entity, tricks a victim into opening an instant message, a text message, or an email.
In the phishing method, hackers use the same colors, logos, and everything to make sure the Email looks real. And they do all this hassle to make you click the Email. In the Email, you will usually find a link that asks you to log in to your Instagram account.
Once you trust this link, go on by its instructions and enter the log-in credentials of your Instagram account, the attacker will get everything you’ve entered.
How to avoid the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” messages
You can stop such “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” emails or at least limit them with these two ways:
- You can enable two-factor authentication on Instagram. I have provided the method of enabling two-factor authentication in this article above.
- You can change the email address. After doing it, if the hacker is trying to sign in to your account with your Email, they won’t be able to do so since they don’t know the new Email. If you don’t know how to do it, don’t worry, I will assist you here too.
How to Update Your Email Address
Whether you have an iOS or an Android phone, you can update your email address right away by following these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and click on your Profile icon in the lower-right.
- After opening your profile, tap Edit Profile in the middle of the page.
- Scroll down and tap on Personal Information Settings.
- On the Personal Information page, you will find Email.
- Tap on Email and type a new email address; once you’re done typing, tap on the blue checkmark in the upper-right corner.
- In your email inbox, you will find a message from Instagram regarding your email address change, with a request to confirm the email change by clicking the provided link. To finally confirm the email address change, you can click the provided Email, and you’ll be directed to Instagram where you can log in to your account with the new email address.
These were all important details revolving around the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” Email. Now, let’s move ahead to some common questions asked regarding the topic.
What if the We’ve Made it Easy to Get Back on Instagram Floods My Inbox
Whenever the we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram, the message starts flooding your Email; getting in touch with the support team is urgent.
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Get yourself logged in if you haven’t already.
- Click on the profile icon that sits on the bottom right corner from the home screen.
- You’ll find yourself inside your profile. After that, navigate to the top right corner and hit the hamburger menu
- A menu shall pop up. Look for the Gear icon and tap on it.
- Next, you’ll need to locate the Help button. Click on it and proceed.
- Choose the desired option and let the team of experts learn that we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram message is flooding your Email.
- Wait for the response and proceed accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have been phished on Instagram; what can I do now?
If you have entered your account’s credentials into a strange link and now your account details are in the hands of someone else. Here are a few things you can try.
- If you can still log in to your account, then secure your account by logging out of every device except the one you are using.
- If you aren’t able to log in, you should try to recover your account.
- You can report the strange emails to [email protected].
2. How can I review recent emails from Instagram?
To avoid spam and phishing emails, Instagram allows you to view the official emails sent from Instagram within the last 14 days.
To view emails from Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the profile picture icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner, then tap Settings.
- Tap on Security
- Tap on Emails from Instagram
3. How do I update my Instagram name, username, and email address?
You must log in to your account before you can update your Instagram profile information.
To update your Instagram profile information, such as your name, username, and email address, go to your profile, tap edit profile, type in the information, and finally tap Done.
There are several reasons to why you are getting the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” messages. This Email might also be a trick to hack your account. After reading this write-up, I hope you know the possible reasons for this Email, and you’ll be able to differentiate between the fake Email and the real one.
At times, you also might receive a message stating, “Sorry to hear you’re having trouble logging into Instagram. We can help you get straight back into your account,” and if it happens, assuming that you are being troubled with the same is pretty easy. Luckily, this blog post answers that as well.
If you still have any queries regarding the “we’ve made it easy to get back on Instagram” Email, I urge you to get them answered in the comment section below. Furthermore, check out related topics at the end to learn more about Instagram.
- How to Change Instagram Password Without Old Password: 5 Easy Steps
- [Fixed] Suspicious Login Attempt on Instagram: Best 4 Methods
- Why is My Instagram Account Automatically Following People
- Instagram Disabled My account for No Reason: Know Exactly Why
- How to Tell If Someone Deleted Their Instagram