Wondering that if you unarchive a post on Instagram does it repost or get saved a s draft? Here’s everything you need to know.
The archive option on Instagram might be one of the coolest features. You can make your profile look pretty and coordinated without getting rid of old memories permanently from Instagram. You might be hesitant to use the feature if you don’t know much about it though. For example, If you unarchive a post on Instagram does it repost?
If You Unarchive a Post on Instagram Does It Repost?
When you unarchive a post on Instagram, it will appear in its rightful place on your profile grid, on the date you posted it. Instagram does not repost the post to your follower’s feed, nor will the post go to the top of your profile.
What Does Archiving a Post on Instagram Mean?
Archiving a post on Instagram means safekeeping the post on your Instagram account without keeping it for public display on your profile.
Essentially, you are taking a picture from your mantelpiece and placing it in the basement of your house. Maybe you had three family pictures there and one nature pic and the greenery felt like the odd one out.
The guests might recall seeing the picture before but won’t question you where it went. They might assume you threw it away or kept it somewhere safe, away from prying eyes.
Later, when the picture is more suited for interior decoration for the house, you can place it back on the mantelpiece.
So, you archive a post and your followers won’t see it on your profile grid anymore. You won’t see it either. There’s an archive section you are privy to, where you can take a look at the archived posts.
The archived post will always retain the likes and comments. When you unarchive the post, the post will show up back on the profile grid.
Say, you posted the video, reel, or picture on 9th January. You posted a couple of pictures after it. When you archive the post, as people scroll through your profile, they won’t find the 9th January picture. They will see other posts on the same day or pictures from 8th and 10th January, but not that particular one.
Once you archive the post, the picture will be back in its place, between the pictures from 8th and 10th January.
Your followers will be able to see the post if they open your profile and scroll down. However, they won’t get any notification for it or see the post as a new one on their Instagram feed.
The likes and comments will also be visible to your followers when they open the recently unarchived post.
So, if you unarchive a post on Instagram does it repost? Absolutely not. The secret stays between you and your loyal followers who check your profile from time to time and notice the changes.
How to Archive an Instagram Post?
Archiving your Instagram post involves two simple steps.
- Launch your Instagram account.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the post you want to archive.
- Tap on the three dots in a column on the top right of the page.
- Select Archive among the options.
- You can also archive multiple posts in one go.
- Open your Instagram.
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom.
- Tap the three lines on the top right of your profile.
- From the options, tap Your activity.
- Select Photos and Videos, which will be the second option.
- From there, tap Posts.
- You will see an overview of all your posts visible on the profile to date.
- On the top right of the page, you will notice Select. Tap it.
- Tap the circle for the posts you want to archive.
- Once done, tap Archive at the bottom of the page.
- Instagram will ask you to confirm.
- Tap Archive again to confirm.
How to Unarchive a Post?
Archiving a post is even more simple of a process than archiving one.
- Launch your Instagram.
- Tap the profile picture at the corner of the page.
- Tap the three long lines, representing options on the top right corner of your profile.
- From the options, tap Archive.
- On the top, you will see Posts Archive. If posts Archive is not the default option, you will see Live Archive or Stories Archive.
- Tap the Archive you want to check.
- Scroll through the posts.
- Find the post you want to unarchive and tap it.
- Select the three lines on top of the picture, to the far right upper corner.
- From the options, select Show on profile.
- If you want to get rid of the post completely and not keep it archived, tap Delete instead.
How to Archive Instagram Stories?
Unlike posts, you do not have to archive Instagram stories separately.
Whenever an Instagram post has lived its 24 hours lifespan, it is automatically sent to the stories archive.
You can go to the archive and add the old story to your Highlights instead.
To add a story to Highlight:
- Open your Instagram.
- Select the profile icon at the bottom.
- Tap the three lines in a column on the top right of the page.
- Tap Archive.
- This time, change the Posts Archive to Stories Archive by tapping on the downward arrow.
- Find the story you want to add to Highlight.
- Tap the Story.
- Choose Highlight, which will be the middle option at the bottom of the screen.
- You can either add the story to pre-existing Highlights or you can add a new one.
- Just tap the existing Highlights to add the story to it.
- Or, tap the plus sign at the end of the Highlights.
- Instagram will ask you to name the new Highlight.
- Name it and then add.
- The story you added to Highlight will be the first one for the new Highlight.
If You Unarchive a Post on Instagram Does it Repost? FAQs
How long does the Instagram archive last?
The Instagram archive is forever. If you archive a post, story, or live and never unarchive it, it will remain in your archive section. There is no timeline. You don’t have to worry it will disappear someday.
Does editing an Instagram post repost it?
You can not edit the picture or video once you post it on Instagram. You can only edit the caption, location, partnership label, alternate text, and tagged people. Any of these actions do not cause the Instagram post to repost.
Nothing causes a post to repost on Instagram unless you delete the post and post it back yourself. Well, you can repost a post without deleting the previous post too.
Why can’t I see likes on Instagram?
Instagram has rolled out an update with an option to hide likes. If you can’t see the likes of others on Instagram, it’s because you have hide likes option on. If you can not see the likes of specific accounts, it is because those accounts have chosen to hide their likes.
As we conclude, the answer to, if you unarchive a post on Instagram does it repost, is a no. Actually, there is no Instagram function that can cause a post to repost on the feed of your followers. Save for reposting a picture or video yourself or using a repost application to upload the picture again.
- What Happens When You Unarchive A Post On Instagram
- Can You Hide Your Instagram Highlights From Someone
- Why Can’t I Repost on My Instagram Story
- What Happens When You Mute Someone on Instagram
- How to See How Many People Saved Your Instagram Post