If you are searching “How long does Zelle pending review take?” you’re likely panicking thanks to the pending payment status in your activity tab. It’s been days since you sent the payment, and you don’t get why the recipient hasn’t received their share. Understanding how Zelle’s payment system will show you there’s nothing to worry about.
Let’s discuss the reason for the long, pending review and the answer to how long the process takes.
How Long Does Zelle Pending Review Take?
Usually, Zelle pending review takes near about 14 days. However, the same may alter significantly due to a number of factors. In case it takes more than the typical time, you can always get in touch with the support team and seek assistance.
Zelle Payment Pending how Long : The Detailed Discussion
The Zelle pending review time period is 14 days.
Usually, the money takes minutes to transfer if the sender and recipient have both done their Zelle enrollment. The sender will never see the Zelle pending review status in this scenario.
However, if the recipient is not enrolled with Zelle, the payment will go to review instead.
Pending review is when Zelle is unsure whether to deposit the payment into the recipient’s account. As a result, they keep the payment on hold and wait for the recipient to clear everything on their side to make for a smooth transaction.
If the recipient is not enrolled with Zelle, the platform does not have enough information on them. As a result, they can’t deposit money into their bank.
The recipient has to enroll with Zelle via their bank account, phone number, and email address. If they fail to within the 14 days since payment, the transaction is automatically canceled.
Zelle will reverse the transaction. It will take 1 to 5 days for the credited amount to show up in your bank account again.
If the recipient does enroll, the payment will hit their bank account after 3 days. It is the time that Zelle takes to verify their account.
How to Know if Your Zelle Payment Is Pending?
First, you need to confirm whether your zelle payment is pending or canceled. Sometimes, there might be some issues with Zelle’s servers. Sometimes, Zelle won’t send the payment at all. Other times, Zelle might send the payment, but it will cancel it almost immediately due to server issues.
So, while you are here thinking your recipient has received their money, the payment is under canceled in your activities.
Checking your payment status will also inform you if your recipient has enrolled with Zelle. If not, you can request them to do so. This way, they can receive the payment within the 14 days period. Otherwise, you might have to send another payment.
To see the status of your Zelle payment:
- Launch the mobile app from your bank.
- Find the Activity tab. It should be under the menu section.
- If it’s Chase or a similar bank, tap on your Avatar at the left.
- You will find the Activity tab from the menu that pops up.
- Once you visit the Activity section, you will see all the payments you made to date.
- Check if the status is showing Pending, Sent, or Cancelled.
- You can also check your payment activity on the Zelle app.
- Open the app and tap on the Activity tab at the bottom of the screen.
- All your payments would be there. Tap on any of them to see the status.
How to Cancel the Zelle Payment?
You know how long does Zelle pending review take and how to see the payment activity. Now, it is time to learn how to cancel the payment. We have a detailed guide on payment cancellation. We are providing a shorter version here in hopes it will solve your problem for the time being.
Why would you want to cancel the Zelle payment?
If it is approaching close to 14 days and your recipient still hasn’t bothered with enrolling, canceling the payment might be better. Maybe the recipient does not want to go through the process. By canceling the payment, you can get the money back. You can attempt paying the recipient via other means, such as a good old cheque.
To cancel the Zelle payment:
- Open the Zelle app.
- Find the Activity icon. It should be at the bottom of the screen.
- Inside the Activity window, you will see your payment history.
- Tap on the payment you want to cancel.
- You will see various options. One of them would be to Cancel the payment.
- Once you tap on it, a window will pop-up asking for confirmation that you want to cancel.
- Hit confirm.
Zelle should be reversing the payment soon. Wait for 5 days and see if the payment shows up in your bank account. If it does not, you need to take the help of Zelle’s customer support.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): How Long Does Zelle Pending Review Take
What does pending review mean for Zelle?
Pending review on Zelle means the money has not reached the receiver’s bank account. This could be for a couple of primary reasons, where the recipient is not enrolled with Zelle.
2. What do I do if my Zelle payment is pending?
If you are the recipient and someone sent you payment on Zelle, check your email or text messages. It’s where you will find the notification of a pending payment and a request for you to enroll with Zelle.
If you sent the money to someone, ask them to enroll with Zelle. Additionally, check you have sent the money to the correct phone number or email address.
3. What happens if a Zelle pending transaction doesn’t go through?
If a transaction does not go through after the 14 day period has passed, Zelle will drop the amount back to your bank account after 1 to 5 business days.
[Answered] How Long Does Zelle Pending Review Take?
Now that you know how long does Zelle pending review take, you can determine whether to cancel the payment or let the payment pass its review time period. If you cancel the payment, make a second attempt and still end up with payment pending, it’s time to contact Zelle support. If anything out of the ordinary is the cause of the delay, they will have the answer.
Now you know How Long Does Zelle Pending Review Take.
- How to Cancel Zelle Pending Review: Quick Easy Steps
- Chase QuickPay Pending Review: Know Everything About It
- Does Zelle Work After Business Hours?
- [Fixed] Zelle Payment Funded but Not Received
- What Happens if you Zelle the Wrong Person