Want to find out the solution to This page isn’t available right now on Facebook error?
Facebook is one of the top social media platforms providing users with a space to connect and socialize with others. There’s a lot that you can do within the app, from posting a status to uploading pictures and going live.
However, there are times when you may come across an error or glitch within the Facebook app. One such error is This page isn’t available right now on Facebook. This may occur when you’re trying to access a Facebook page, and there can be many reasons it may be happening. This message is quite irritating and can ruin the user experience.
Therefore, in order to find out the causes behind this error, keep on reading this guide. We’ll also go over multiple fixes that you can utilize to resolve this issue. So, let’s head right into it!
Reasons Behind This Page Isn’t Available Right Now on Facebook
If you’re unable to view some content on Facebook due to This page isn’t available right now on Facebook error, there can be many reasons for this. Either there’s a technical error, the user deleted the post, or updated their privacy settings. In some cases, you may not be able to see it if they’ve blocked you on Facebook.
Since there are multiple other causes, let’s take a look into each:
1. The User Deleted The Post.
One of the most common reasons of This page isn’t available right now on Facebook is a deleted post. If you haven’t refreshed your feed and go to a post, you may not be able to see it and come across this error. This simply means that the user deleted the content, but it may still be appearing on your Facebook due to an unrefreshed feed.
2. The User Blocked or Restricted You.
If a user blocks or restricts your account on Facebook, you won’t be able to see their profile and content. So, if you’re trying to see something that was posted by a user that had blocked you in the past, you may encounter this error.
In other cases, the owner may have restricted you from seeing their posts. If that happens, you will be able to see their profile, but not their content. Simply search their name on Facebook and head to it. If you can see their profile but not the page, it’s most likely that they have restricted your account.
3. Facebook Flagged the Page as Spam and Took it Down.
If the page goes against Facebook Community Guidelines, Facebook has the right to delete it from its platform. Moreover, Facebook also deleted spam content, hate speech, etc. So if the post you were trying to view contained any of that, it may have been deleted by Facebook.
4. The User Changed Their Privacy Settings.
If the content owner changed their privacy settings after uploading the post, your screen might display This page isn’t available right now on Facebook error. When the user changes their page privacy from Everyone to Friends or Friends Except, you may not be able to view their content.
If the content was posted on a private group, you would see this error, and the only way you can access it is by requesting to join the group. Once the group admin accepts your request, you will be able to see the page.
5. You Didn’t Log in to Facebook.
One of the many reasons you are unable to view a page on Facebook is because you’re not logged in to your Facebook account. Facebook logs you out on many instances, such as if the app has been updated or if you changed your password.
6. An Age or Location Restriction.
Facebook brings the privacy settings to an advanced level and enables users to limit the visibility of their content to a certain age group or people from specific locations. Hence, if you fall under the category that’s been blocked from viewing, you’ll get This page isn’t available right now on Facebook message.
7. A Technical Facebook Error.
Facebook is not the perfect platform that can’t become a target of technical errors. The site may occasionally go down and stop responding. When that happens, Facebook will fail to load the pages you click on.
Fixes For This Page Isn’t Available Right Now On Facebook
Now that you’re well aware of the different reasons you may be encountering This page isn’t available right now on Facebook, let’s go over the things you can do to move past the error.
1. Reload The Page.
The number one method we have on the list is obviously the easiest. Facebook tells its users that the error is, most of the time, temporary and can go away with a simple page refresh. However, if the page stays unavailable after you reload, wait a couple of minutes before trying again. This is because the temporary glitches that are causing the issue may last a bit longer.
2. Use Incognito Browser To Access The Page.
This method is helpful when the page has blocked your account, or you have a browser extension that’s impacting your activity. If the page is public, utilize the incognito tab to load the content. You won’t even need to log in to your account. If, for some reason, you can’t use an incognito window, ask a friend to visit the page instead and see if they face the same problem.
3. Check If The Page Owner Has Blocked You.
It’s important you ensure whether or not you’ve been blocked as trying to resolve the issue further becomes pointless. The most straightforward way to find out if your account has been blocked is to make a Facebook search for the page from at least two different accounts. If the page is visible from one account but not the other, it means the page has blocked it.
Here are a few other tips to confirm if you’ve been blocked on Facebook:
- Try to send them a message. If your older conversations are visible, but new messages are failing to send, it means they’ve either blocked you or their account is taken off the platform.
- Try to send them a friend request. If you fail to do that as well, you’ve been blocked.
- Ask a friend or a family member to load the same page. If it loads for them but not for you, it means you’re blocked.
4. Re-Login To Your Facebook Account.
If the problem lies in the application, it can be easily fixed if you log out of your account and then log back in after a few minutes. This refreshes your account and eliminates all temporary glitches from the server.
To do so, follow these steps:
- To begin, launch the Facebook app.
- Then, tap on the three horizontal bar menu at the upper corner of your screen.
- Next, scroll down and tap on the Log Out button.
- When you’re taken to the login screen, exit the app.
- Launch the multitasking screen on Android or the App Launcher on iPhone.
- Swipe up the Facebook app to close it.
- Now, wait a few minutes.
- Open the Facebook app again.
- Enter your login credentials to re-enter your account.
Try loading the page again and see if the issue is resolved.
5. Clean Browser’s Cookies and Cache.
Websites and applications tend to store cache in your device. They are temporary data files that help consecutive loading much faster. However, over-storage of cache can result in unknown glitches. But you can eliminate them by clearing the cache from your device.
- First, open Settings on your phone.
- Then, scroll down to Apps and tap on it.
- Next, go through the list of installed apps on your phone and choose Facebook.
- Now, tap on Storage.
- Finally, tap on Clear data or Clear cache.
Make sure you remember your password before following this method, as it will log you out of your account as well. If you use Facebook in a browser, then you’ll need to get rid of site cookies. For that, follow the steps below:
- Start by launching the Chrome browser.
- Then, click on the three vertical dots icon at the top right corner.
- Choose History from the list of options. Alternatively, you may press Ctrl + H from your keyboard.
- From the left pane, choose Clear browsing data.
- Under the Basic tab, make sure you select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- At last, click on Clear data.
6. Disable Browser Extension.
As mentioned earlier, browser extensions may also prevent certain activities from loading on Facebook. Hence why you may be getting the error This page isn’t available right now on Facebook. What’s worse is that you’ll never exactly know which extension is responsible for the situation.
First, to figure out if browser extensions are the real reason, try accessing the Facebook page from an incognito tab, where extensions are disabled by default. You may also do this by disabling all extensions yourself.
If the content is visible, it means you now have to find the exact extension. This can be easily done by turning the extensions back on one at a time. If you never disabled the extensions and used the incognito window method instead, you can disable one extension at a time in a normal browser window to see when the problem goes away.
To disable Google Chrome extensions, follow the steps below:
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the three vertical dots icon. Then hover your cursor over More tools and select Extensions.
- Toggle off the extension you want to disable.
- If you want to remove an extension, click on Remove.
- Again, click on Remove on the pop-up box to confirm your action.
7. Contact Facebook Help Center.
Finally, when nothing seems to be working, Facebook itself is your last hope. You can contact their support team and ask them for assistance in resolving the issue. They will take the necessary measures to fix it.
Below are the steps you need to follow:
- To begin, open the Facebook app on your device.
- Next, tap on the three horizontal bars icon.
- Scroll down and tap on Help & support.
- From the drop-down menu, go to Report a problem.
- Again tap on Report a problem.
- From the list of Facebook products, choose the one you’re having trouble with, or simply choose Pages.
- Lastly, Describe the issue in the given field and tap on the Forward arrow icon to submit. You may also tap on Add image to attach screenshots.
- Someone Disappeared From My Blocked List on Facebook -[Fixed]
- Facebook When This Happens It’s Usually Because The Owner
- This Person Is Not Receiving Messages Right Now Facebook Messenger
- You Are Currently Offline Facebook
- How Do I Stop Instagram From Tracking My Web Browsing
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Why is my Facebook not loading properly?
Facebook may not be loading properly due to poor network connection, temporary glitches, or the servers going down. Try refreshing the page, close and reopen the site or app, clear cache, and cookies, or restart your device to see if that fixes the issue.
2. Why does my Facebook app keep on crashing?
Several factors could cause an application like Facebook to crash, but the most common one is a heavy background activity. The number of apps running in the background depends on the RAM of your device. If you exceed the limit, Facebook will keep crashing. In that situation, close all applications from Recent Apps and relaunch Facebook.
Wrapping Up: This Page Isn’t Available Right Now on Facebook
Now, whenever you come across the message This page isn’t available right now on Facebook, you’ll know how to fix it. Usually, the problem goes away on its own or after you refresh the page.
However, if it appears due to cache build-up or technical issues, you’ll need to follow a few critical fixes. In case the page owner has blocked you, there’s not much you can do other than get back on good terms with the person.
Hopefully, this article successfully answered your queries. But if you still have any confusion, feel free to let us know through the comment section below. We’ll respond to you as soon as we can.