Facebook being the usual online destination for many loads with numerous user queries every now and then. While some sound really authentic, there are many that seem a bit strange. “Can you see who views your featured photos on Facebook?” is one, for instance.
Have you found your way in here seeking the same? Well, good news, the answer is a few minutes away.
Can You See Who Views Your Featured Photos on Facebook?
Yes, you can see the names and number of people who saw your Facebook featured photos. However, there is a twist. You’re restricted to only viewing the names of those who are on your friend list. If curious strangers took a look at your featured collection, you could only see the number of them. You won’t have any data on their names.
If you want to know how to see who is interested in your photos, read on!
What Are Facebook Featured Photos?
Facebook featured photos are the equivalent of highlights on Instagram.
These are collections of photos you name. The pictures remain on your profile long after the 24 hours time limit is up.
Similar to Instagram, the featured photos are public. Anyone who visits your account can see those unless your account is set to Private.
Originally, featured photos on Facebook used to be a section where you had 9 separate photos. These photos were from regular uploads you did on Facebook. You could edit and add photos you liked better to the section. However, Facebook would automatically choose 9 of your best photos.
Now, the photos featured can only be from your stories uploaded. It is a way to keep the stories you like the most long after the 24 hours are over.
As these are public, it’s natural that you’re curious and tend to ask, ‘can you see who views your featured photos on Facebook?
Can You See Who Views Your Featured Photos on Facebook: Featured Viewers on Facebook
Checking your featured viewers on Facebook is easy. I’ll guide you on how to get the job done conveniently, irrespective of the preferred device, phone, or PC.
On your Your Smartphone
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap on your profile picture next to the Write something here… box.
- You can also tap on the single person icon on the top of the menus.
- You will be on your Facebook profile page. This is the view everyone gets when they click on your profile.
- Scroll down until you see your featured photos collection.
- Choose one of the collections.
- A screen will open with the first photo. If you tap on the right side of the page, you will be able to move forward to the next photo.
- At the bottom of the photos, you will find an upward-facing arrow.
- When you tap on it, your insights will open.
- You will see a number of viewers along with the name of the featured viewers on Facebook. These are all your friends on Facebook who checked your featured photos.
- Scroll down a little, and you see Others.
- You will only see the number for Others.
Others are people who are not your friends on Facebook. These could be mutual friends or complete strangers who found your profile in some way.
They were curious about you, and they clicked on your featured photos to get a glimpse at your life.
Remember, since featured photos are public, you can’t hide your photos from them.
On your PC
- Open Facebook.com.
- Tap on your picture on the left of the What’s on your mind box.
- You can also click on your profile picture at the top right corner with your name underneath it.
- Your profile will open similar to on your phone. Only the features will take more space side by side on your screen.
- Your featured photos should be on the left.
- Scroll down a little to find it.
- Once you do, tap on one of the collections.
- Once the collection expands, tap on the arrow at the bottom left corner.
- First, you will see the total number of viewers. Then, you will see the name of the viewers.
- Scroll down until you have finished seeing all the names.
- You will now see Others with the number of viewers on it.
How to Add Facebook Featured Photos?
Before I let you know how the answer to can see who views your featured photos on Facebook is a yes, I need you to have the perfect idea about getting the featured mode on.
Note: In case you already have the featured photos, jump to the next section.
- Launch your Facebook app.
- Tap on Create story. It’s on the first rectangle box with your profile picture.
- Choose a photo or video from your Gallery.
- Hit Share.
- Your story will now appear beside Create story.
- Tap on it.
- You will see a star icon along with Feature on the right over your story.
- Choose Feature.
- If this is your first time, Facebook will provide instructions on how to name and add your Feature to a new collection.
- Every time you add a new story, you can choose whether to add it to your existing collection.
- You can also start a new collection by going to your Facebook profile.
- Scroll down until you find the featured photos section.
- Click on New which appears with a plus sign on a box.
- Choose photos from your archive.
- Hit Add new.
- You will have a new collection.
How to edit Featured Photos
There can only be 5 photos in a single featured photos collection. You can have multiple collections.
To edit featured photos on Facebook:
- Tap on the Facebook app.
- Either choose the single-person icon at the top or on your profile picture on the left of Write something here.
- Scroll through your Facebook profile until you reach the featured photos collection section.
- Once you do, choose the collection you want to edit.
- If you have more than 3 collections, you can see the rest of them by dragging your fingers from right to left.
- Once a new screen opens with the photos under the collection, tap on the three dots at the top right. It is next to the cross button.
- You will see a couple of options.
- If you want to delete the photo from the collection, tap on Delete.
- If you want to archive the photo for the moment, choose archive. The archive is when the photo stays in your history, but only you can view it.
- You will also find the option to move the photo to another collection.
- If you want to Add New photo to the collection instead, tap on Add New at the bottom right of the screen.
- If you want to delete the entire featured collection, you will have to tap on every photo and hit delete from the menus.
- If you want to add a new collection, close the picture.
- Instead, tap on the Add New at the left of the present collections.
- You will have the option to name the collection and add photos from your archive.
The featured photos collection exists, so anyone who views your profile can have some new information about you. If you are a business owner, you want to add photos from your seminar, office work, etc.
If you have a casual account, you want to add photos of your friends, cafes you visited, and so on.
You don’t have to always share photos on your stories and, subsequently, to your collection. You can add videos, music, boomerangs, and selfies.
There is also the green screen option. If you choose the green screen, you will get a virtual green screen on your camera. You can take a picture or photo of anything you want and then edit the background with a different setting.
Can You See Who Views Your Featured Photos on Facebook: Privacy Settings
Can you see who views your featured photos on Facebook? Yes, you can. Are Facebook featured photos always public? Yes, the featured photos are always public by default.
However, you can make featured photos private.
Once you upload a photo on stories, you get a couple of options before you choose to share.
One of them is the privacy option. It’s at the bottom left corner.
Tap on privacy, and you will see options under Who can see your story?
If you choose public, your stories will be for everyone.
If you choose Friends, it’s limited to Facebook friends.
If you choose Custom, you can select the exact number of friends who will see your story.
Once you change your privacy settings, if you add the photos to featured, it will be only visible to those who you allowed.
Until this point, I’m pretty sure the scenes around Can You See Who Views Your Featured Photos on Facebook is already clear. Read along to learn about some other related queries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): Can You See Who Views Your Featured Photos on Facebook
1. How do I see who viewed my featured photos?
To see who viewed your featured photos on Facebook, tap on the photo from the collection. When you hit the arrow at the bottom left corner, you will see a list of names. These are people who viewed your featured photos on Facebook.
2. Are featured photos public?
Yes, featured photos are public on Facebook. Any passerby curious about your profile can see them. You can set it to private if you lock your Facebook account.
3. Can someone know I viewed their featured photos if we’re not friends?
No, if you are not friends on Facebook, even if you see the person’s featured photos, they won’t know.
[Answered] Can You See Who Views Your Featured Photos on Facebook
Finding yourself seeking information about featured photos isn’t rare. In fact, numbers state that the volume of queries is pretty significant. If you’ve been dealing with one that looks something like this: “Can you see who views your featured photos on Facebook,” the case shouldn’t be similar anymore, provided you’re done walking through the entire procedure.
The answer to can you see who views your featured photos on Facebook is a yes but with a twist. The tricks and tips work only when it’s restricted between friends. So, if there is some stranger whose photos you want to snoop on, go ahead! They won’t know.
That’s all about Can You See Who Views Your Featured Photos on Facebook.
- [Fixed] Why Does a Person Disappear From People You May Know on Facebook?
- Someone Disappeared From My Blocked List on Facebook -[Fixed]
- Facebook When This Happens It’s Usually Because The Owner
- This Page Isn’t Available Right Now on Facebook
- This Person Is Not Receiving Messages Right Now Facebook Messenger