If you’ve been using Venmo for a while, then finding yourself troubled with why Venmo won’t let me add bank account is not a rare scene. Are you one of the many who have crossed paths with it recently? Well then, get ready to fix this issue for good.
Venmo, thanks to its promising work structure, has successfully enabled users all around the US conclude peer-to-peer financial transactions effortlessly on a daily basis. However, following the bugs and glitches, sometimes it takes a minute for the cushion to go missing. Failing to link the bank account is one of those.
Venmo Won’t Let Me Add Bank Account, as the name suggests, is a situation when you as a user fail to connect or link your bank account to Venmo and proceed with the financial transactions. Now the reasons behind can be many, but luckily there are as many solutions available as well.
In this article, I’ll discuss the best ways to get your bank account linked, but before that, let us find an answer to why Venmo won’t let me add bank account.
Reasons Why Venmo Won’t Let Me Add Bank Account
Venmo restricting you from adding your bank account can correspond to various situations. When I found myself under the same roof, the research I made on why Venmo won’t let me add bank account introduced me to quite a number of possibilities.
Although, in general, these elements are solely capable of curbing the bank account linking process, in some cases, two or more of them also seem to operate at once. For that matter of fact, you must understand the reasons better and choose a solution accordingly.
1. The Bank Account is Already Linked to Another Venmo Account
In case you don’t know, Venmo allows users to have their bank linked to only one of their accounts at a time. So if you’ve already coupled your bank account to a Venmo account and trying to repeat the same for others, it is evident for you to cross paths with the “Venmo, Your Bank Couldn’t Be Added” error.
2. The Bank Account you’re Trying to Link is Not US-Based
Venmo is a peer-to-peer fintech platform that operates in the US. It is strictly compatible with US-based bank accounts. With that being said, it is always better to ask yourself if my bank account is based in the US before you ask why Venmo won’t let me add bank account?
3. Venmo Servers are Facing Downtime Issues
Server issues are unpredictable and can hit the shore at any point in time. Like any other cloud-based platform, server downtimes are also common in Venmo. So suppose you’re trying to add your bank account to Venmo right when its servers aren’t working fine; in that case, expecting the process to conclude successfully isn’t going to help much.
4. Your Bank Servers are Down
Issues related to server downtimes are not limited to cloud-based apps; your bank can experience the same considering the fact that they also use online servers to operate one way or the other. So next time you wonder why Venmo won’t let me add bank account, take a step and check the server status.
5. The Bank Details you’ve Inputted is Wrong
The most common situation why Venmo restricts a from adding a bank account is when they can’t verify the bank details provided. I’ve seen in many cases, a user often commits a mistake and enters the wrong bank details.
Failing to provide the appropriate data will eventually restrict Venmo from finding and verifying the bank before adding it. To sum up, in simple words, the answer to why Venmo won’t let me add bank account may rest within the bank details you input.
6. Too Many Attempts
The situation of passing incorrect bank details may invoke another condition that sometimes can even worsen the account linking issue on Venmo.
Consider you’re using instant banking services, for instance, and lost access to the login credentials. When you’re unsure about the bank details and tend to input the incorrect info repeatedly, Venmo will flag it as suspicious and halt the overall process. It can even freeze your online banking temporarily.
How to Fix: Venmo Won’t Let Me Add Bank Account
Now that I’m done walking you through why Venmo restricts users from adding a bank account, it is time to mark the things you can do to see yourself out of trouble.
But before I tell you how to see an end to “Venmo won’t let me add bank account,” why not briefly understand the process that is involved in linking any bank account. It might sound elementary, but I’m sure there are users who find it baffling at times.
- Step 1: Launch the Venmo app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Step 2: Find and tap on the”☰“icon located at the top of the app.
- Step 3: Click on the option that says “Settings” followed by “Payment Methods“
- Step 4: Now look for the “Add a bank or card” option and select your “Bank“
- Step 5: Finally, choose from the available verification methods and conclude.
Here is what I intend to do when “Venmo won’t let me add bank account.”
1. Look for Updates
The first thing you’ll need to do to fix “Venmo won’t let me add bank account” is to check if you’re using the most recent version of the app. As a user, you can never look down upon the bugs and glitches that outdated apps can hold on to, and they can well restrict you from getting the job done.
With that being said, visiting the App Store/Play Store quite too often and checking for updates is a healthy practice.
2. Check your Internet
The issues that come alongside poor internet connectivity are not hidden. We’re all aware of the errors that might come our way while using services that depend on how well your internet is working. I recommend you check the stability of your internet first and then initiate the bank account linking process.
The way you optimize your internet depends on the type of connection you’re using. If you’ve got a wireless router set on your home, restarting the device occasionally can help. While if it is the mobile data that you intend to use, try switching the data connection off and back on several times.
Whether or not it resolves Venmo won’t let me add bank account errors; the other solutions will genuinely get set up in a better way.
3. Reinstall Venmo App
No matter what fix you’re after, coming across the reinstallation process as a solution is common and rightly so as it plays a crucial role in getting rid of temporary bugs and error-causing glitches. Use the following method and check if it helps resolve “Venmo won’t let me add bank account.”
3.1 On iOS Devices
- Visit the Apple Store.
- Look for the Venmo App either by employing the search bar or navigating to the Apps menu.
- Find and tap the uninstall option.
- Once done, restart your device.
- After it gets booted, revisit the Apple Store, get hold of Venmo, and install it.
3.2 On Android Device
- Launch the Google Play Store
- Find Venmo using the search bar or directly from the “My App” menu.
- Click on the uninstall button.
- Restart your device.
- Visit the Google Play Store one more time and get Venmo installed.
4. Verify the Details you Input
Whether or not you’re facing issues like the one we’re discussing here, cross-checking the details we input is always vital, and it becomes more critical when the scene revolves around financial transactions.
As already mentioned in the reasons why Venmo won’t let me add bank account, failed attempts with incorrect data can land users in worse situations. It is thus always better to take an extra minute and confirm that you provide the valid details.
Note: If you’ve lost access to the login credentials of your internet banking, instead of reattempting again and again, change the password and continue.
5. Try the Manual Mode of Verification
Suppose you’re trying to get their bank account linked via an instant verification method and failing every time. In that case, you may choose the manual approach and check if that works. It takes one or two days for the process to complete, but luckily it has a great success rate.
6. Checking Venmo Servers
There are many ways with which you can check if the servers of Venmo are working fine. Although visiting Downdetetcor is considered the most accessible method, you can also visit Twitter and look for topics like #venmoserver #venmoissues or something similar.
6.1 Using Downdetector
- Visit the official website of Downdetector
- Look for Venmo using the search bar
- Check for the issues reported.
7. Clearing the App Cache
Piled-up caches can also result in various kinds of issues, and bank account linking errors are no exception. Follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps resolve the “Venmo won’t let me add bank account.”
Those who’re worried about losing data or something, let me make it clear that wiping off app caches will do no harm to the existing data on your smartphone. Indeed it helps fix other app-related issues like crashing and freezing.
- Step 1: Take your smartphone and then launch the Settings menu.
- Step 2: Hover over to the option that says ‘Apps and Notifications. ‘ In some devices, you may find, ‘Applications’
- Step 3: Scroll and look for Venmo
- Step 4: Hit the Storage and Cache button.
- Step 5: Tap on Clear cache and wait for the process to conclude.
8. Use the Browser Version of Venmo
It might sound a bit crazy, but sometimes switching from the app to the web version can help fix various kinds of issues. Indeed, there are users who’ve reported that making an attempt to add a bank account on the web version of Venmo actually concluded successfully.
- Step 1: Launch any browser on your device.
- Step 2: Visit Venmo and start adding your bank account following the steps mentioned earlier.
Did that help resolve Venmo won’t let me add bank account?” Let us know in the comment section below and help the tech community.
9. Get in Touch with Venmo Support
If none of the fixes mentioned above helped you resolve the Venmo bank account linking issue, it’s time you let the support team know about it.
Apart from seamless financial transactions, Venmo is also known for providing top-notch support services. Get in touch with the team of experts and tell them, “Venmo won’t let me add bank account.”
You can do that in four ways:
- Visit the official Venmo Twitter handle and share the issue you’re facing.
From the App
- Launch the Venmo app and head over to Menu.
- Look for the option that says Get Help.
- Once done, tap Contact Us followed by Chat with Us.
- You’ll then be able to describe the troubles you’re facing while adding a bank account.
- Fill out this form and contact Venmo.
Calling Venmo Support
- Venmo, alongside providing its users multiple ways to get in touch with, offers call functionality as well. Dial (855) 812-4430 and explain the issues you seek a solution for. The support team is available to attend your calls Monday to Friday, 10:00 am–6:00 pm ET)
10. Contact your Bank
Did the Venmo support team fail to answer why Venmo won’t let me add bank account? Then most probably think that the issue is from your bank’s end. In that case, you can always contact your bank and bag a professional solution.
Contacting the concerned bank differs from one to the other, so make sure to choose the one that fits your situation and your bank’s availability better at the same time. Calling the official number and visiting the nearest branch is among the most common ways to do that.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why won’t Venmo let me add my card or bank?
Venmo restricting the linking of a bank account or card doesn’t necessarily point towards one reason. While in many cases, it has been reported that users failing to input correct bank details resulted in such errors. At the same time, there were instances when server failure from Venmo’s end was found guilty.
2. Why Venmo won’t let me add my debit card?
The answer is simple; you might have entered incorrect card details. If not, chances are high you’re using a card that is not accepted by Venmo.
3. Does Venmo not work with all banks?
Venmo strictly operates in the US, so it is compatible with US-based banks only. So if you’re wondering if Venmo works with all banks, the answer is yes, provided its roots belong to the States.
Wrapping Up: Venmo Won’t Let Me Add Bank Account
Failing to link bank accounts to Venmo can be frustrating, but luckily the issue is not an unswerving one. Once you figure out an answer to why Venmo won’t let me add bank account, resolving it becomes an easy task.
With that aim in mind, I’ve made sure this article takes you around the probable reasons in the most user-friendly manner. Besides, I’ve listed the possible solutions that can relieve you and help you get started with the Venmo banking activities in no time.
Other Answers you Might be After:
Know why your Venmo Payment is not Showing up in the Bank Account
6 Reasons Why is My Zelle Account Suspended
This is all about Venmo won’t let me add bank account, the reasons, and solutions.
- Venmo won’t let me add a card -[Fixed]
- [Why and How to Fix] Venmo Won’t Let Me Send Money From Balance
- How Does Venmo Appear On Bank Statement?
- Venmo Lost Connection with Bank -[Fixed]
- Why Is My Venmo Account Frozen?