Have you found your way in here seeking answers to why Venmo won’t let me send money from balance and what to do for tackling the same? It is time, we fix the issue once and for all.
Why Venmo Won’t Let Me Send Money From Balance?
The answer to “why Venmo won’t let me send money from balance” can be many. While the most usual; scene is when your Venmo account isn’t verified, or you haven’t added any balance to it yet, at times, bugged servers can also cause all sorts of problems and restrict you from concluding the transactions. No doubt the issue is a bit annoying; the good news is coming out of the same isn’t tough.
Once your account is set up on Venmo, sending and receiving payments, making purchases, and withdrawing funds through the app is error-free and straightforward for most of the part. However, while using the app, an issue like the “Venmo won’t let me send money from balance” might pop up from nowhere to give you stress.
The Venmo won’t let me send money from balance issue is pretty common among the Venmo app users. There can be a few reasons behind it, and once you figure out yours, you can fix the error in a matter of seconds.
1. You Haven’t Verified Your Identity
As mentioned earlier, you’ll need to verify your Venmo account to pay from your Venmo balance.
This is one of the most common reasons you can’t use Venmo balance for paying your friends, family, or someone else.
A lot of users who were experiencing the “Venmo won’t let me send money from balance” issue, are able to send money from Venmo balance after verifying their identity on the app.
So, it’s the first thing you need to do to resolve the Venmo won’t let me send money from balance error. Here’s how to verify your identity on Venmo
How to Verify Identity on Venmo
- Open the Venmo app on your phone
- Tap three lines in the top-left corner of the app.
- Press “Settings“
- Scroll down to find the “Security” section and choose “Identity Verification.”
- Press “Next” on the one-time security check info page.
- Enter your information; legal full name, date of birth, last 4 digits of your SSN, and your address.
- Press “Next” and follow the remaining on-screen prompts.
In case Venmo can’t verify your identity based on your provided information, they’ll contact you for more information.
Once done, Venmo will check everything and will verify your identity on the app.
2. Venmo Servers Are Down
If after verifying your identity on Venmo, the “Venmo won’t let me send money from balance” issue still persists, the reasons can be from Venmo’s side.
It’s normally a good idea to check if the issue is coming from their side or yours.
If the issue is from Venmo’s side, you can’t do anything much to fix it. In such a case, all you can do is report it on the Venmo help and support page and then wait for the elimination of the issue.
Many free online tools are available to check the Venmo server status. Downdetector, Dotcom-Monitor, and Uptime among others are some of the best tools for checking the real-time information about the status of Venmo or any other website or service.
So, after checking, if these services don’t show any issues with Cash App servers, the problem is likely on your end.
3. Your Venmo App Is Outdated
Another reason why you are complaining about Venmo won’t let me send money from balance is that the Venmo app on your phone is outdated.
Venmo frequently comes up with new updates of the app for fixing the bugs and security issues occurring in the previous version.
So, if you’re not using the latest version of the app, it can be the reason for the “Venmo won’t let me send money from balance” issue.
- To update the app, open App Store if you have an iOS device or Play Store if you have an Android device.
- Search for Venmo and check if there is an update available for the app. If an update is available, you’ll see the “Update” on both Play Store and App store.
- Simply tap on the button to update the app.
Once done, try sending the payment again from your Venmo balance. It should work now.
4. Your Balance Is Not Enough for Covering the Payment
Another potential reason for the “Venmo won’t let me send money from balance” issue is that your balance is not enough to send the payment or pay for the purchase you are making.
So, it’s always wise to check your balance on the Venmo app before making a purchase or payment.
And even after trying all the fixes for the Venmo won’t let me send money from balance, the issue remains, you should contact Venmo and ask them to resolve the issue.
How to Contact Venmo?
You are getting the Venmo won’t let me send money from balance issue, your money does not come on time, some features on your account are blocked, whatever the issue is, the Venmo support team is there to help you. Venmo offers these contact methods.
- Call Venmo client support at 855-812-4430. Their hours are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST, Monday to Friday.
- Chat with a specialist via Venmo mobile application. Go to Menu, tap Get Help, then Contact Us, and finally tap Chat with Us.
- Fill out the Venmo Support team web form.
Before you contact Venmo, you should do troubleshooting to ensure nothing is wrong from your end.
How to Add Money to Your Venmo Balance?
- First of all, you must verify your account and link a bank account to Venmo to add money to your Venmo balance.
- Then, go to the ‘You’ tab on the app and select ‘Manage Balance‘at the top of your personal transactions to add money to your balance.
- You can then start the transfer of money by entering the amount you want to deposit into your Venmo balance.
- After that, touch ‘Next’ and select the connected bank account to draw the funds from. Check the transfer details before confirming and tap ‘Add (amount) Now.’
Usually, it takes around 3-5 days to add money to Venmo, and funds are not available till the transfer is completed. Moreover, keep in mind that the Venmo transfer limit per week to your account is $1500.
View Venmo transfer and payment limits policy here.
How to Send Money With Venmo Balance
Now, as you’ve learned how to add money to Venmo Balance, I should guide you on how to use it to make payments and purchases.
- Log in to Your Venmo Account
- First and foremost, you’ll need to open the Venmo app on your smartphone and log in to your account.
- If it’s not your first time using the app, your account info will be already saved in the app and the step will take just a few seconds.
- If you are using Venmo for the first time on your smartphone, you’ll need to enter your account credentials.
- Once done, move to the home screen and follow the next step.
To link your card, bank account, or use the available balance on your profile, you’ll need to verify your account.
You can find the available features in the app at the bottom of your screen. But, when you try to use them, a pop-up screen will appear asking for Verification.
Therefore, complete the Venmo verification process and then continue on the app.
Keep in mind that it’s necessary to add a bank account for making any payment on the app, even if you only want to use the available balance.
Now, tap on the “Pay or Request” button, and a keyboard will appear. Here, enter the Venmo username of the recipient.
If you’re making a purchase or a payment, don’t worry – the process is the same for both.
Your available payment methods will appear on your screen: card, bank, or Venmo balance.
Here, tap “Venmo Balance”, and you’re all set to go.
In this last step, all you need to do is tap “Confirm” to complete the transaction.
Remember that Venmo will not cut money from your card or your account, it’ll only use your balance.
Why My Venmo Balance Is Less Than Expected?
So, you finally eliminate the Venmo won’t let me send money from balance issue, and now you’re all set to send money from the Venmo balance, but when you check your account, the balance is lower than your expectations. So, the possible reasons why your balance is less than expected are:
- If you are allowed to use Venmo balance, you might have used some of it for a purchase or payment.
- If your account had a negative balance, some of the money might be used in covering it.
- You might have transferred money to a debit card or a bank account.
- If you own a Venmo Mastercard®️ Debit Card, some money might have been used in covering your transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to Check if I Am Eligible for the Venmo Balance Feature?
If you don’t know whether you are allowed to use the Venmo balance feature for funding payments, worry not! Go to the “You” tab by tapping on the person icon and then press the Settings icon. Then tap “Payment Methods.” Now, if the “Venmo Balance” option is available at the top of your screen, it means you can use the feature. In case the “Venmo Balance” option is not there, you will have to verify your account for accessing the feature.
2. Are Instant Transfer Funds From Venmo Always Available Within the Half-Hour?
Most Instant Transfer requests are processed and completed within 30 minutes. However, in some cases, funds might be blocked or delayed. Past issues with your or your transaction partner’s account, potential fraud, and legal roadblocks are some common reasons for transaction delays or blocks.
When transferred funds are originated from a compromised card or account, your request for Instant transfer might be delayed.
3. I Received an Email That Says My Access to the Venmo Balance Feature Might Go Away. What Should I Do?
Federal law requires Venmo to collect some specific information from every user. If you got an email that says Venmo is asking for the completion of the process. Learn more about verifying your identity on Venmo.
Now you know all the possible reasons and fixes for Venmo won’t let me send money from balance. While there are many, it usually happens when you have not verified your identity on the Venmo app. So, whatever the reason is, once you figure it out, it’ll be easy to fix. And even if after trying all the fixes, you still don’t get access to the Venmo balance feature, then contact the customer support at Venmo. They’ll help you fix the issue.
That brings us to the end of our guide. We hope you were successful in getting rid of the error causing the issue. If you have any further queries, I urge you to get them resolved in the comment section below.
- [Answered] Venmo won’t let me confirm my identity in 2022
- [Answered] Can I Use Venmo Without a Bank Account
- “>When Does Venmo Weekly Limit Reset?
- [Fixed] This card has been added by another user Venmo
- [Fixed] Venmo Phone Number Already Registered