Facebook has been a popular social media platform for almost two decades. If you’ve been its user from the beginning, you must have observed the intense measures the company takes to ensure safety for users across the platform.
While it was comparatively easy for hackers to gain access to your Facebook account earlier, with time, the company has enhanced its algorithms to inform you of any suspicious activity or block it completely for the time being.
For this reason, if you’re getting the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message, it means you’ve attempted too many times to log in to your account. Facebook will block you from trying anymore for some specific time as this is detected as unusual activity. But if it’s urgent for you to get into your account, read this guide to learn the various methods.
So, let’s get started right away!
Reasons Behind You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook
Before jumping right to the fixes, let’s briefly look at what may cause the issue. This way, you can have a better understanding of what could be the solutions to overcome this problem and regain access to your Facebook account.
Below are the few causes we found out while trying to learn in detail the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook error:
1. You’ve Attempted Too Many Times
Facebook has set a limit to the number of times you can enter wrong credentials when trying to log in to your account. When you’ve attempted too many times, you will get the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message.
Ideally, you should give a maximum of three tries. Still, if you fail to enter the correct password or username, you can always go ahead and reset it through your verified email address or phone number.
2. Facebook Site Is Down
Sometimes, you may be getting the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook error not because you’ve entered incorrect login credentials multiple times but because the server is down.
When that happens, you’ll either fail to load activity on your feed or not access your account entirely if not already logged in.
3. Somebody Hacked Your Facebook
If you receive the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message on your first attempt, you may want to consider that it’s not always the servers being down. Chances could also be that someone has been trying to get into your Facebook account, but they didn’t know your exact details.
In such situations, enable two-factor authentication for your Facebook account as soon as you get successful in logging in. Also, change the password for extra security.
Apart from entering wrong information or Facebook being down, it’s also possible that your Facebook app has crashed. Moreover, your device may be attacked by a bug causing the application to behave in such a weird way.
Now that you know what causes the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook error, you might be thinking about how to solve the issue. Continue reading to find out!
Fixes for You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook
You will receive the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message after making numerous failed attempts. So before retrying after several hours, try to remember the correct password. If your account is locked due to Facebook assuming someone’s trying to hack your account, a link will be sent to you through an email to unlock it.
The error may also occur due to a glitch. In that case, you’re advised to clear cookies and cache, update the application, or reboot your smartphone. Also, check whether the problem lies in Facebook itself and not in your device.
1. Wait It Out.
If you have consciously attempted multiple times to log in to your Facebook account but failed to do so, you’re left with no option but to wait for the blockage to lift. This happens because the algorithms detect this as suspicious activity.
Consequently, it prevents you from trying further as it believes someone else is trying to hack your account. However, you cannot prove that it was actually you to Facebook in any way possible. Hence, wait for several hours before logging in with your correct account credentials.
2. Check Your Email.
It is possible that when you receive the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message, you are also informed about it through an email. The message might contain information related to multiple failed login attempts and what you should do if it was not made on your end. We recommend you to follow the instructions provided.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, head to the email platform that’s linked with your Facebook account.
- Then, sign in by entering your email address and password.
- Go to the Inbox tab from the left pane.
- Check for any email from Facebook. For your ease, sort your inbox by Unread or Recent notifications.
- If you don’t find an email there, look in the Spam folder as well. You can also type ‘Facebook‘ in the Search mail bar at the top.
3. Check if the Site Is Down.
If you’re constantly getting the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook error even after several hours, there’s a possibility that the problem lies in the Facebook site. When their servers are down, you’ll face several unknown glitches and errors.
- Go to the Downdetector official webpage. You may also launch its application from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Next, in the given field, type ‘Facebook‘ and hit Enter.
- From the search results, go to Facebook.
Check the statistics provided below to find out if Facebook is down or the problem lies at your end.
4. Clear Cookies and Cache.
If you don’t want to wait for so many hours, there is a quick way to get rid of the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message you may want to try. Facebook constantly stores cookies of all your actions. So, when you’ve made several incorrect attempts to sign in to your account, this data is fed into the software.
Sometimes, clearing the website’s cookies or application’s cache will restore your attempts to zero. As a result, you can retry and access your Facebook account.
To clear cookies, follow the steps below:
- Start by launching your browser.
- Click on the three-dots menu icon and select Settings.
- From the left pane, go to Security and Privacy and choose Cookies and other site data.
- Next, scroll down and click on See all site data and permissions.
- Finally, click on Clear all data and click on Clear again to confirm.
To clear the Facebook application cache, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Settings app on your smartphone.
- Scroll down to Apps and click on it.
- Choose Facebook from the list of apps.
- Now, click on Storage.
- Lastly, click on Clear cache. You may also choose Clear data, which will restore the application to its default state.
Once you’ve cleared cookies or cache for Facebook, try logging in to your account again and see if the problem persists. If so, move to the following methods.
5. Reboot Your Device.
The You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message may also appear on your screen due to a temporary bug in your system. These are often easily eliminated upon rebooting your device.
Restarting clears your device’s Random Access Memory, or RAM, which deletes unwanted logs and caches stored on your system. When they are deleted, any bug or error that was otherwise preventing you from accessing your Facebook account is fixed.
6. Update the Facebook App.
When Facebook realizes that most users are experiencing a similar problem, it works on it and releases its fix in the next update. Therefore, you should head to the Facebook application and check whether a version update is available.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- To begin, launch the Play Store on Android and App Store on iPhone.
- Then, type ‘Facebook‘ in the Search bar.
- If you see an Update button next to the Facebook app, tap on it. If it says Open instead, that means no official fix is released by the company.
7. Be Wary of Threats.
When you suspect that someone else is trying to log in to your Facebook account hence why you’re getting the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message, waste no time in protecting your account.
After a couple of hours, when you’re successful in accessing your account, immediately turn on two-factor authentication. This way, no one will be able to log in unless verified by the required means.
For extra safety, change your account’s password. This is necessary since the person trying to hack your account may have a few combinations at hand. Since they’ve already attempted to login earlier, the list of possible passwords may have shortened further. And it won’t be long before they successfully figure out the real password.
Here’s how to do it:
- Firstly, open the Facebook application on your device.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars.
- From there, tap on the Gear icon.
- Next, go to Password and security under the Account section.
- Then, tap on Change password under Login.
- Finally, enter your current and new password and tap on Update Password.
Keep in mind to add a few unusual characters in your new password, so it becomes impossible for anyone to guess it.
8. Reset Your Password.
If you’ve actually forgotten your account password, Facebook has made it possible for you to recover it or set a new one by following a few steps. However, you will need to prove your identity and have access to the linked email or phone number in order to do it.
To do so, follow these simple instructions:
- Go to the Facebook login page and tap on Forgotten password?
- On the next page, enter the email address or phone number associated with your Facebook account and choose Search.
- Then, select either Send code via email or Send code via phone number, then select Continue.
- After that, you’ll receive a code through an email or a text message. Enter that in the given field and hit Continue.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How many times can you enter the wrong password while logging into your Facebook account?
The maximum attempt for entering an incorrect password for your Facebook account is five times. When this limit is exceeded, you will get the You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook message on your screen. After that, you should either wait or check your email to unlock your account.
2. How do I contact Facebook to report a problem?
If you want to contact Facebook to report a problem you can’t find a solution for, you’ll need to first log in to your Facebook account. Then, tap on the three horizontal bars and tap on Help & support > Report a problem > Continue to report a problem. Next, follow the on-screen instructions to submit a report.
Wrapping Up: You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook
This concludes our guide on how to fix You are trying too often. Please try again later. Facebook. You may encounter this problem either because you’ve entered an incorrect password several times or due to a glitch in the system. Either way, go through the solutions mentioned above to overcome the issue.
If you have more questions related to the topic, do not hesitate to ask us in the comment section below. We’ll be more than happy to provide further assistance.
- Instagram Won’t Send Me An Email to Reset My Password
- Someone Disappeared From My Blocked List on Facebook -[Fixed]
- This Person Is Not Receiving Messages Right Now Facebook Messenger
- Facebook When This Happens It’s Usually Because The Owner
- This Page Isn’t Available Right Now on Facebook