We wouldn’t be wrong for saying, out of all the social media platforms, TikTok is the most addictive. Once you start scrolling, there’s no going back. You get so immersed that everything else stops existing for a while. And this knowledge is exactly what many would use to promote their business and products.
When you own a business or a creative account, analyzing your viewership becomes essential. You need to know how many users visit your account and how they perceive your content, along with your daily engagement with your audience.
While most of these features are provided by most social media platforms, TikTok took a step further and introduced the Profile view history feature a few months back. But what if you get an error every time you try to use the option? Don’t worry, as we’re here to help you resolve this issue.
Simply continue reading!
Why Can’t I See Profile Views on TikTok
The Profile view history feature on TikTok allows users to view when another user visits their TikTok profile, along with the time. Although TikTok introduced this feature a few years ago, they had to remove it at that time to maintain the privacy of users browsing history.
However, in Feb 2022, TikTok reintroduced the Profile view history feature for selected users that meets all of its requirements. So, if you’re wondering why you can’t check your Profile views, there may be several reasons for this.
If you’re younger than 16 years of age and have more than 5,000 followers, you’re ultimately not going to get the Profile views history feature. These are the main two requirements for viewing Profile views on TikTok.
Moreover, you and the user who views your Profile both need to turn on the feature to check the Profile view history. Apart from that, a build-up cache on the TikTok app and an outdated app may also cause this problem.
Continue reading to learn about these reasons in a little detail.
1. Profile View Feature is Turned Off.
Since the Profile view history feature is turned off by default, users who wish to check who views their profile must turn it on first. Other than that, the user who checks out your TikTok profile must also have this feature turned on. If one of you doesn’t have it on, you may not be able to see Profile views on TikTok.
2. Your Age is Set to Less Than 16 on TikTok.
While creating a TikTok account, users are required to put in their date of birth. If, according to it, you’re younger than 16 years of age by 2022, you won’t be able to make use of the Profile view history feature on TikTok. Sometimes, users may accidentally put in the wrong date of birth, which may result in the same problem.
2. You Have More Than 5,000 Followers.
If you have the feature turned on and are older than 16 but still wondering why can’t I see Profile views on TikTok, it may be because you have a huge fan following.
In order to use the Profile view history feature on TikTok, users must have less than 5,000 followers. If you have more followers than this limit, this may be the reason why you can’t view Profile views.
3. Excessive App Cache.
If you meet all the requirements for the Profile view history feature but still can’t access it, the problem may lie in your TikTok app. An excessive cache build-up of the TikTok app can interfere with the app’s function and cause temporary bugs, which may result in not being able to see the Profile views. That’s why it’s recommended that you delete the apps’ cache once in a while.
4. An Outdated TikTok App.
TikTok rolls out new features, removes temporary bugs, etc., by releasing app updates. Users can install these from the app store. However, if you’re using an old version of the app, you may not be able to access new features, such as the Profile view history feature. So, we suggest you check for updates regularly and install when one’s available.
How to Fix Profile Views Not Showing on TikTok
There are various ways through which you can fix Profile views not showing on TikTok. So, now that you have an answer to why can’t I see Profile views on TikTok, let’s jump right into the methods you can utilize to resolve it.
1. Turn On Profile View History Feature.
Before accessing the Profile view history feature, you must turn it on from your TikTok app, as this feature is disabled by default. Users need to manually enable this feature to be able to check out their Profile views. So, if you’re eligible for the feature and have it in TikTok settings, you can easily turn it on.
Simply follow these steps below:
- Go to the TikTok app from your device.
- Next, tap on the Profile icon from the bottom bar.
- From your TikTok Profile, select the hamburger menu icon from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings & Privacy.
- Now, select Privacy and tap on Profile Views.
- Finally, turn the toggle on for Profile view history.
You may also switch on this feature from the Profile Views page. Here’s how:
- Head to the TikTok app and tap on the Inbox tab present on the bottom bar.
- Now, select a notification that states that somebody has viewed your Profile.
- Next, choose the gear icon from the Profile Views page.
- Lastly, turn on the toggle next to Profile view history.
2. Create A New Account.
If you’re younger than 16 years, according to your TikTok profile, or own an account with a following greater than 5,000, creating a new TikTok account is the best way to go. Although you may need to start from scratch, you will be able to check the Profile views.
Moreover, you don’t have to log out or delete your first account to create another one, just follow these steps to do it:
- Launch the TikTok app on your device.
- Tap on the Me icon from the bottom bar to navigate to your profile.
- Select the drop-down menu from the top and tap on Add account.
- At last, select a method to sign up and follow the on-screen instructions to make a new TikTok account.
Alternatively, you may:
- From the TikTok app, head to your profile by tapping on the Me icon from the bottom-right corner.
- After that, tap on the three horizontal bars icon from the top-right.
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Switch account under the Login section.
- Afterward, tap on Add account.
- From the Sign up for TikTok page, make a new account by signing up using your phone number, email, or social media accounts, such as Google, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Provide all your details and fill in the required fields to create a new TikTok account.
While creating an account, keep in mind that you provide a date of birth that indicates your current age to be older than 16.
3. Contact TikTok Help Center.
If you don’t have access to the Profile view history feature, even if you meet all the requirements for it, you may want to contact TikTok Help Center. There are a few ways you may do so. Users have the option to complain on the TikTok app by using the Report a Problem feature or by filling out a Share your feedback form.
Here’s how to fill out the feedback form:
- Head to the Share your feedback form.
- Type in the required email address linked to your TikTok account. Providing your username is optional.
- In Topic, select Change account information, and for Tell us more, choose Other from the drop-down options.
- Afterward, describe the issue you’re facing in the How can we help field.
- Provide any screenshots if necessary, and submit your form by tapping on Submit.
To report a problem using the TikTok app, follow these steps:
- From your Profile on the TikTok app, tap on the three horizontal bars icon.
- Choose Settings & Privacy.
- Now, tap on Report a problem under the Support section.
- Inform TikTok about the problem you have and tap on Report.
Once done, wait for the TikTok team to reach out to you, which may occur via email within three business days or so.
4. Clear TikTok App Cache.
If there’s a glitch while tapping on the Profile view icon, or you can’t view the profile views on TikTok, the issue may lie in the TikTok app. As temporary bugs and glitches are bound to occur in the app, it becomes necessary to clear off the app cache occasionally.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Settings app from your device.
- Scroll down and select Apps.
- Then, locate and tap on TikTok.
- After that, tap on Storage and choose Clear cache located at the bottom-right corner.
This should fix your problem of why can’t I see profile views on TikTok. If it fails to do so, continue to the next method from this guide.
5. Update to the Latest TikTok Version.
TikTok generally introduces new features through updates. If you’re using an older TikTok version, you may notice that you don’t even have the Profile view history feature available.
Missing features usually indicate that it’s time to update your app to access new and improved features. Moreover, bug fixes are also included in updates to improve user experience.
Here’s what you should do to update the TikTok app:
- Launch the App Store on your device.
- Choose the profile icon from the top-right.
- Afterward, look for TikTok under Upcoming Automatic Updates.
- Lastly, tap on the Update button next to TikTok to install the latest version of TikTok.
How to Check Who Viewed Your Profile on TikTok?
Hopefully, one of the methods mentioned in this guide may have been successful in fixing your problem. Now that you have the Profile view history feature on TikTok let’s move to how you can check who viewed your TikTok profile.
Keep in mind that the profile view history is only available for you to see for up to 30 days.
Here’s how to do it:
- Head to the TikTok app.
- Select the eye icon from the top bar.
- This will take you to the Profile views page, where you can see all the users that have visited your profile in the last 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How many followers do you need to see profile views on TikTok?
The basic requirements to access the profile view history feature on TikTok is to be above 16 and have less than 5,000 followers on your TikTok account. This means that users below 16 and those that have more than 5k followers are not eligible for the feature.
Other than that, in order for you to be able to see the user who viewed your profile, they, too, must have this option activated.
2. Can you turn off profile views on TikTok?
TikTok allows you to enable and disable the profile views feature as per your liking. So if you wish to turn it off, simply head to the profile tab from your TikTok app. Now, tap on the eye icon from the top to reach the Profile Views page.
Afterward, select the gear icon to open Settings and turn off the toggle for Profile view history.
Summing Up: Why Can’t I See Profile Views on TikTok
In short, having too many followers may make it difficult for TikTok to keep track of your profile visitors. But the problem may also reside in the application, like an outdated version or build-up of cache. Moreover, an underage account may also cause the profile view error to pop up.
This concludes our guide on why can’t I see profile views on TikTok. If you have any queries or concerns, feel free to utilize the comments section below. We’ll do everything we can to assist you.
- Does Watching Your Own TikTok Count As A View
- How to Let People Save Your TikToks
- Why Is TikTok Taking Up So Much Storage
- Why Does TikTok Keep Refreshing When I Leave the App
- Does TikTok Notify When You Save Someone’s Video