Snapchat is an extremely secure social media platform to the point that you get locked out of your account if certain measures are not taken in time. This is because the application contains users’ private information. If the company does not take proper actions, your account details will be at risk of being stolen by hackers and data thieves.
Recently, Snapchat released a two-factor authentication system that generates a recovery code when you first enable it. You should keep this recovery code somewhere safe if you want to access your account from a different device later on.
After enabling the two-factor authentication, you’ll receive a verification code through a verified email or a text message every time you try to log in to your account. But what if you want to bypass Snapchat verification code since you no longer have the same phone number or you forgot the password for your email? Read on to find out if that is possible.
So without any delay, let’s get started!
Can You Bypass Snapchat Verification Code?
When you enable two-factor authentication on Snapchat, you’re allowing the application to send you a verification code every time you log in to confirm that it’s really you. If you turn off this feature, anyone can easily get into your account as they won’t need to prove their identity.
Hackers may get your login credentials by illegal means, but it’s really difficult and nearly impossible to access an email ID or a phone number. As the verification code is only sent to you by these mediums, your account will be safe from any type of breach.
But what if you forget your email password or lose your phone? How are you going to receive the code in such situations? Fortunately, Snapchat also provides you with a recovery code when you first turn on the two-factor authentication for your account. The primary reason behind generating this code is to use it at a time when you fail to receive the verification code.
You need to keep this recovery code in a secure location by writing it down, memorizing it, saving it in a document, etc. However, some people still end up losing this recovery code, leaving them with no alternative way to access their accounts.
Although Snapchat offers no other way to regain your account’s access in such a situation, there are a few workarounds that you may follow. Continue reading to find out how!
How to Login to Snapchat Without Verification Code
When the two-factor authentication is set-up for Snapchat, there is no way to bypass the verification process when trying to log in. However, instead of using the verification code, you can use the recovery code to enter into your account.
In case you’ve lost the recovery code you initially received, you should either regenerate it or forget the linked device. Moreover, if you’re already logged in and don’t want to prove your identity through the verification code anymore, you can disable two-factor authentication.
To learn these methods in detail, keep on reading!
1. Disable Two-Factor Authentication.
Snapchat does not offer a way to bypass verification code by tricking the software. However, you can disable the feature in your account’s settings if you no longer want to verify your identity each time you sign in.
To do so, follow these simple steps:
- To start, launch the Snapchat application on your device.
- Then, tap on the Bitmoji icon at the top left corner of your screen.
- Next, tap on the Gear icon at the upper right corner to enter your account’s settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Two-Factor Authentication under My Account.
- Here, you will see that the two-factor authentication is either turned on by a Text Verification or an Authentication App. Simply toggle off the slider to disable the feature.
- Lastly, tap on Okay from the pop-up confirmation box.
After that, you will be able to directly enter your account as soon as you hit the Log In button after entering your account’s credentials.
2. Use Recovery Code Instead.
If you want to switch to a different device, you’ll need the Snapchat recovery code to open your account there. However, if you’ve lost the recovery code, you can regenerate it as long as you are still logged in to your account.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Begin by going to the Snapchat app from your Home Screen.
- Tap on your Bitmoji icon from the top left corner.
- Then tap on the Gear icon to access settings.
- Scroll down and go to Two-Factor Authentication under My Account.
- Next, go to Recovery Code.
- Now, tap on Generate Code.
- If prompted, enter your account’s password to verify your identity.
Finally, keep the code somewhere safe and accessible for the next time. This recovery code is a backup when you’re unable to receive the login code via a text message or your authentication app.
- Firstly, open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Then, type in your username and password in their respective fields.
- Once done, tap on the Log In button.
- When prompted, enter your recovery code. This will get you back to your Snapchat account.
Remember that when you log in to Snapchat using a recovery code, the two-factor authentication will automatically turn off.
3. Forgetting A Linked Device.
If you lose your phone that’s linked to your Snapchat, your account will be at risk even if it’s logged out. This is because the person who now has your device will receive the verification code. For this reason, you’ll need to unlink that device to protect your privacy. This process is also important when you want to switch to a new phone.
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Start by launching Snapchat on your device.
- Then, go to your profile by tapping on the Bitmoji icon present at the top left corner.
- Then, go to your account’s settings by tapping on the Gear icon at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Scroll to Two-Factor Authentication under My Account and tap on it.
- This will display a list of all linked devices. Tap on X next to the device you wish to unlink.
- When prompted to confirm your action, tap on Yes.
Forgetting the linked device will allow you to log in to your Snapchat account from any phone without needing the verification code. In case you’ve accidentally unlinked a device, don’t worry. You can easily link it again with your Snapchat account.
4. Contact Snapchat Support.
If you want to bypass Snapchat verification code because you don’t have it, or you don’t remember the recovery code, there is no other option left. Snapchat, unfortunately, offers no other way to get your account back.
But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible to access your account ever again. Your last resort in such a case is to contact Snapchat Support and ask the team for their assistance. The agents are very supportive and may help you recover your account.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): How to Bypass Snapchat Verification Code
1. How to bypass snapchat two factor authentication or bypass snapchat 2fa?
When the two-factor authentication or 2fa is active for Snapchat, there is no way to bypass the verification process when trying to log in. However, instead of using the verification code, you can use the recovery code to enter into your account.
2. Can I call Snapchat to help recover my locked account?
If you receive a message stating that your Snapchat account is temporarily locked, wait at least 24 hours before trying again. If you still fail to get in, contacting Snapchat may resolve the issue for you. However, if it is permanently locked, the support team will not be able to help you.
3. What is the Snapchat 6-digit code?
A very recent feature introduced by Snapchat is two-factor authentication. When enabled, you will need to provide a verification code any time you try to log in to your Snapchat. You also get a recovery code to use instead, if you don’t receive the verification code for some reason.
Wrapping Up: How to Bypass Snapchat Verification Code
In conclusion, you can’t bypass Snapchat verification code. However, what you can do is disable the two-factor authentication so providing the code is no longer necessary when signing in to your account.
You may also unlink the connected device, so Snapchat doesn’t ask you to prove your identity through a code. If, for some reason, you cannot access the verification code, use the recovery code instead. You can also ask Snapchat for help through its customer service.
With that, we end our guide on how to bypass Snapchat verification code. For further queries, use the comment section below. We’ll respond to you as soon as possible.
- Can Someone Hack Your Snapchat By Adding You As a Friend
- How to Save A Snapchat Video Someone Sent You
- How to Unlock A Permanently Locked Snapchat Account 2022
- What Does In My Contacts Mean on Snapchat
- [Fixed] Your Camera Roll Isn’t Backed up by Snapchat 2022